Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Fun!

Since I've just joined the blogging world, I thought I'd share some cute holiday projects I've made with my kiddos the last few months!

In October, we read several of the Old Lady Who Swallowed A... books, created two class books about them, and voted on our favorite version. We also made this cute craftivity to go with it. I saw the idea online and drew the templates for the face and hair myself. One of my favorites was "I knew an old lady who swallowed an elephant" with a little elephant drawing in her mouth. Too cute!

In November we made this "How to Catch a Turkey" craftivity after reading the book Run Turkey Run! This was created with a free template I found online.

We made these adorable pilgrims (both boys and girls with various hair/skin colors) for Thanksgiving. The students had to write what they were thankful for. Unfortunately, I forgot to snap a photo before I sent them all home! This is my teacher demo pilgrim. The template for this project is on TpT by First Grade Blue Skies!

For Christmas, we made these adorable reindeer from TpT by Just Wild About Teaching.

Close up of my teacher demo:

Close up of the mess I made at home pre-glittering the noses and writing pages (I found that baking sheets work very well for this!) I told my students that the glitter fairy came and did this all by herself! 
Here is the writing page I created to go along with the project:
*Cute reindeer graphic from Zenware Designs @ My Grafico*

Whew! And there's a whirlwind tour of some of what we've been up to the last few months. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whooo's awesome? Commenters are! =)