Friday, August 9, 2013

Another BTS Freebie!

So exciting, I am the featured freebie on The Teaching Blog Addict this week! 
If you missed my freebie last week, just click on the button below! 
I have a new freebie this week, keep reading!
I am buzzing with excitement because Monday I can FINALLY work in my *brand new* 2nd grade classroom! I've done entirely too much shopping (Target and Amazon will be the death of me!) and lots of prepping at home in the meantime.

I got the idea from one of my favorite 2nd grade blogs, The Second Story Window, to create class notebooks for the writing portion of Daily 5. These are notebooks I will leave out all year for students to add their own stories to, read others' stories, and leave them comments.
    
 The notebooks were 5 for $3 at Target (they have plastic covers and bindings to make them more durable) and I made the labels using these 2x4" shipping labels. You can get the class journal labels HERE for FREE! 
(I had to save them as a PDF, but they should still print out okay onto these labels. I made them with Avery label template 8163 on Microsoft Word)

I also used these labels to organize my school supplies using these adorable boxes from Michael's that were 40% off!
Sorry for the bad lighting - I'd already packed everything into the car. Here's the rest of the mess:
And that's only half of my stuff! I sure have my work cut out for me next week!

1 comment:

Whooo's awesome? Commenters are! =)