Tuesday, February 12, 2013

There Was an Old Lady FREEBIE!

WHEW! After working away the last 4 days on my newest idea, it's finally done! *insert cheers* My 1st graders love the There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a ____ (insert favorite book title here) books, so I finally bit the bullet and purchased ALL of the adorable Old Lady graphics from Scrappin Doodles.

I've had so much fun with them, creating 13 (!) new mini-books based on every possible variation of the book I could find. Some of these I didn't realize even existed, like There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose! for Valentine's Day. I found out about that just in the nick of time!


Inspired by all of the great things I can create with my newest clip art collection, (and believe me, I have way too much clip art for one person! It's a bit of an obsession now.), I've decided to create an Old Lady FREEBIE to share with you all! I made a set of three Old Lady sequencing worksheets, which can be used with any of the Old Lady books. The worksheets use both ordinal numbers and transitional phrases, all things I'm practicing with my kiddos. Just click here to get them!
And to check out my Old Lady mini-book MEGA pack, just click on the picture below to go straight to my TpT store! (ETA: product has since been updated to include 15 stories!)
Also shared on:

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,

    I've just recently started my clipart collection and already becoming obsessed!!! Love the old lady collection!!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, the world of cute clip art is limitless! It's like my newest hobby, collecting it all. My tip is to go to MyGrafico and check out the promotions. They run great sales every week! KPM Doodles also usually has a discount code on her blog. I rarely buy clip art full price, I can't afford it! ha
      ~ Nicole

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    I found you on the Manic Monday Freebie Link Up. I love your freebie and can definitely use it! I'm grabbing it and pinning it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith, thanks so much for the repin! I'm glad you can use it!
      ~ Nicole

      Delete
  3. Great Old Lady idea! We love these books and our kiddos love to read through our collections. This would be a great partner activity for our classrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to teach my firsties to expand their writing to include more transitions, and that's how I got the idea for these worksheets. I don't know why I didn't think of this before now!!
      ~ Nicole

      Delete
  4. Great sequencing activity; thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my newest follower Julie! I'm glad you stopped by! :)
      ~ Nicole

      Delete
  5. This is great. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I found your blog.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Klass

    ReplyDelete

Whooo's awesome? Commenters are! =)