Sunday, July 21, 2013

Things I've Been Working On

I must be crazy, but last week I volunteered to go into school for a few days and work with my teammates on mapping out the CCSS for kindergarten (yup, I'm moving back to K this year!) I have the BEST team - because we were the only grade that had all teachers show up!

Mapping out the ELA standards we are hitting hard this year:
We started out with the "I can" statements we want the kiddos to be able to do in June, then worked backwards from there. Breaking it down to the very smallest goals in September, such as: What is a question? What is a statement? How can I ask a question?

That took 2 days, then we had time to do things like this:
I made a kid-friendly writing rubric based on the school district's rubric. It was pretty fun doing the one-star writing, I must admit, hehehe.

Just had to share one of my very favorite things for my classroom:
I bought this from Pottery Barn my 1st year of teaching. It was my big splurge for my classroom and man do I love this thing. It holds TONS of stuff!! I especially love how I can print out cute paper to decorate it! Gotta have chevron! (That's my Chloe in the middle) I love it so much that I just bought another one for my home office after I redecorated it.

I don't know about you, but this describes me oh so well...
so I was SUPER excited to find this amazing frozen yogurt at the Wal-Mart near my house.
It's called Foxy's Pash and is only 80-90 cals and 0-1g of fat per serving (which is a 1/4 of the tub!)

My favorite is the Sneaky pash. It's wildberry flavored fro-yo with chocolate shavings. Tastes JUST like regular ice cream, but fat-free. I'm obsessed!

Aaaaand - a project that I have been working on all summer! More like do a page here and there in between other things, so it's taken me forever to finish! I first got this fun idea in May - so glad I'm finally done!

This Build-a-Story pack has fun worksheets for 20 fairy tales and folktales. 
I'm already starting to work on the 2nd pack!

 


3 comments:

  1. It looks great.
    Yvonneeyrg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chart looks like a lot of work! Glad you have a team all working together!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's an insane amount of work but WOW, how awesome are you and your team!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete

Whooo's awesome? Commenters are! =)