Friday, June 7, 2013

Five for (the last!) Friday

#1 - Field Trip to the Zoo + a Freebie!
 After 2 months of planning, I finally got to take my class to the Oregon Zoo this week. We had nice weather (thank goodness!) and I was able to get some great shots:

 To make the trip more educational (and to add a bit of friendly competition), I created a fun zoo scavenger hunt for the kids to do on the trip. The kids were really into finding more animals than their friends, then we compared results afterwards. You can see one of my students filling in an answer above.

You can get it for FREE by clicking on the pictures below:
           
#2 - Jamberry Nails
I'd never heard of Jamberry stick-on nail designs until I was invited to a Jamberry party last week. I'm a little obsessed with cute nails, so I was excited. At the party we got to do one nail on each hand, so I came prepared with a manicure on all but one finger! I got lucky and just happened to get a design that matched my polish. 1.5 weeks later and the nail decal is still going strong!
They had a buy 3, get 1 free deal, so I ordered these designs:
The top left design matches perfectly with my chevron-inspired bathroom and bedroom makeovers, which leads into...

#3 - Chevron Crazy
Seriously, Urban Outfitters has the CUTEST home decor. Just got these in the mail, can't wait to use them!

#4 - Telling Time
I came up with this cute little song set to the tune of "I'm a Little Tea Pot" to help my firsties remember how to tell time. It goes with body movements - using their arms to show the hour hand and minute hand. 
My team is piloting instructional coach rounds for the entire district (which they decided to spring on us the last 2 weeks of school, I might add!) so we were focusing on the GLAD strategy of TPR (Total Physical Response) when I came up with this.

#5 - Sweet Treat Awards
We aren't out of school until next week, but today we did our candy awards - the kids LOVED it! I got the idea from another teacher-blogger to lay down a "red carpet" with butcher paper so it was like a real awards ceremony. The kiddos showing off their treats:
 (FYI - it took them FOREVER to all cover their faces so I could use this on my blog, haha)
You can find the awards on my TpT store by clicking on the picture below:

12 comments:

  1. Nail decal parties! That could be dangerous for my budget!! Love the sweet awards:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zoo scavenger hunt is a great idea! Love the floral decals

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little song about the hour and minute hand! Cute! Sweet Treat Wards are so great and the kids love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the telling time chant. Very cute awards.
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the freebie. I love your blog, it is one of my Saturday reads....
    Paula
    Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicole!
    I'm a first grade teacher, too. I've taught first for 10ish years. I LOVE it. The pic with them using their awards to cover their faces is HILARIOUS! That is totally something I would do. Your blog is so cute! Love the colors. I'm your newest follower. Come visit me at my blog, we can be bloggie buddies.

    Mandy :0)

    Mandelina's Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy, that face-covering photo op took FOREVER to do! I added myself as a follower to your blog, so now we are blog buddies! =) Love the chevron background you've got going on!
      ~ Nicole

      Delete
  7. I love your TPT products! Following your blog!
    Laura
    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole,
    Your blog is SO cute! I finally got around to check it out and follow you after hearing about you via the Oregon Blogger Meet-up email! I can't wait to meet you on Monday!
    We went to the OR Zoo for our field trip, too! It was super fun and a sunny, hot day!
    Corinna
    ♥Teaching Fabulous Firsties!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting, I just added myself as a follower on your blog too! I can't wait for the blogger meet-up tomorrow! The kids had a blast at the zoo, so glad I waited until June for our trip.
      ~ Nicole

      Delete
  9. Hi Nicole,

    I'd really love your zoo scavenger hunt files but the link is not working anymore! Any chance I can find these somewhere else?

    Caitlin Richards
    caitlinzrichards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Whooo's awesome? Commenters are! =)